On Tuesday, February 12, 2002, at 05:17  PM, NDPTAL85 wrote:

> You know at most places thats a great strategy for getting fired? Have
> any others? :)

Maybe, it depends on where you work.  I don't work for a tech company
per se -- and the MIS guys here have no problem with my server (after
all, I do all the administration of it).  It's just that somewhere, in
some book, or some document, it says that the "official" supported
language is ASP.  Actually the boss etc -do- know that I'm using PHP,
just not that there's a difference between one scripting language or
another.

To clear my name, here:  the fact is that I suggested this project,
explained that it would cost very little money by using PHP/MySQL/Linux,
and it was approved.  So I'm doing it.  I just don't rub it in anyone's
face that I don't toe the MS party line.

Erik

----

Erik Price
Web Developer Temp