On Wednesday, June 26, 2002, at 02:37  PM, Scott Fletcher wrote:

> I didn't know that.  Thanks for the info.  I think it would be best
> that I
> not use php.ini.

On the contrary, I think it would be best if you read through it and
read about it at http://www.php.net/manual/en/configuration.php .
Putting it off will only cause you trouble in the long run.

> I can write the script to register the variable.  What would be a demo
> script that would work?  I'm having a little trouble understanding that
> on
> the php.net website.  Most of the script that use global variables came
> from
> hyperlinks.  I have no form method like "post" or "get".

If it doesn't have "post" or "get", then your data is probably in the
$_GET array.  But you should always use the "method" attribute of the
"form" tag.

> I have one website that use session.  Like session_start(),
> session_register(), etc.  How would this be affected and what is the
> work
> around to this one.

You now refer to a session variable as $_SESSION['variablename'].

Erik

----

Erik Price
Web Developer Temp