Yes, the examples from the manual do work on the server using PHP 4.2.2 - however they do not work on the server using PHP 4.1.2.

I've been using this same script for many sites with PHP versions 4.0.6 thru 4.2.2 with no problems until now which leads me to believe that I must attempt to change a PHP setting through .htaccess since it is hosted on a shared server.

I've tried the example from the manual on several other sites - works everywhere but on this problem server.

Thanks
-Tim

At 05:56 PM 1/21/2003 +0800, you wrote:
On Tuesday 21 January 2003 17:39, Tim Thorburn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using PHP 4.1.2 on the server with problems - it's hosted on a shared
> server and thus I have no direct access to much of anything.  I have had
> this script running on versions 4.0.6 thru 4.2.2 with no problems until
> now.
>
> Here are the settings attained from phpinfo(); for the server that does not
> work - 4.1.2 ... and from the server that does work 4.2.2
>
> After the Configure Command of each is a list of settings that differ.

Again, does the simple example from the manual work? If it works we can
eliminate config settings and concentrate on your code.

/*
Endless the world's turn, endless the sun's spinning
Endless the quest;
I turn again, back to my own beginning,
And here, find rest.
*/