> Yes, the examples from the manual do work on the server using PHP
4.2.2 -
> however they do not work on the server using PHP 4.1.2.
>
> I've been using this same script for many sites with PHP versions
4.0.6
> thru 4.2.2 with no problems until now which leads me to believe that I
> must
> attempt to change a PHP setting through .htaccess since it is hosted
on a
> shared server.
>
> I've tried the example from the manual on several other sites - works
> everywhere but on this problem server.

Wasn't it 4.1.2 that had broken sessions? I remember one version that
came out that was just broke and you had to do a bunch of workarounds to
get things to work normally. Was that it?

Are you using the $_SESSION array or relying on register_globals?

---John W. Holmes...

PHP Architect - A monthly magazine for PHP Professionals. Get your copy
today. http://www.phparch.com/