There is some discussion as to whether my globals are on or not ... I am using session_register to name my sessions, and then the global command later on on the individual pages to remember which session it is we're looking for.

It would be simply priceless if sessions were broken in 4.1.2 - and make much sense in the long run.

Thanks
-Tim

At 05:19 AM 1/21/2003 -0500, you wrote:
> Yes, the examples from the manual do work on the server using PHP
4.2.2 -
> however they do not work on the server using PHP 4.1.2.
>
> I've been using this same script for many sites with PHP versions
4.0.6
> thru 4.2.2 with no problems until now which leads me to believe that I
> must
> attempt to change a PHP setting through .htaccess since it is hosted
on a
> shared server.
>
> I've tried the example from the manual on several other sites - works
> everywhere but on this problem server.

Wasn't it 4.1.2 that had broken sessions? I remember one version that
came out that was just broke and you had to do a bunch of workarounds to
get things to work normally. Was that it?

Are you using the $_SESSION array or relying on register_globals?

---John W. Holmes...

PHP Architect - A monthly magazine for PHP Professionals. Get your copy
today. http://www.phparch.com/