In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
mail.win.antwerp.seagha.com>, Piet Hadermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
writes
>Mike,
>
>I 100% agree with 2 and 4. Before you know it someone is using this to
>send spam without you having any clue it's happening.
>
>I recently fixed the 'contact/feedback form' for a bunch of sites I
>maintain by filtering out all posts containing any kind of http links.
>Real users allmost never posted links (and if they do, they get a nice
>message now), those botposts almost always contain links (except the
>kind that I think looks for contact forms exploitable for spamming).

So you put the message on screen, instead of "thank for your enquiry"
sort of thing?

What do you say?

I have never been sure how many of these messages are being placed by
bots, and how many by humans, because I just delete them without
examining them.

I suspect that a lot of these spams believe that their link will appear
on your site automatically, as some blogs seem to allow that.

>This kind of form spamming got a lot worse the last 2-3 months it seems,
>and a lot of this went undetected by the spamfilter.

Yes, I must get round to doing something, before I wear out my delete
button <G>

--
Pete Clark

Andalucia in Sunny Southern Spain