That sounds like a reasonable suggestion, this would probably do just that...

<code>
function snipword($word)
{
    if (strlen($word) > 60)
        return '';
    return $word;
}
trim(str_replace('  ', ' ', implode(' ', array_map(snipword, explode('
', $message)))));
</code>

Phill

On 04/08/06, Mike Brandonisio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
>  How do you deal with "500 or more "X"s with no spaces"?
>
>  You could explode the posted message on [space] and do a strlen() on
>  each position in the array? Then test for strlen() greater than 60
>  characters. If you get a hit do str_replace() on the original message
>  with an empty string.
>
>  Do you do it another way?
>

>  Sincerely,
>  Mike
>  --
>  Mike Brandonisio * Web Hosting
>  Tech One Illustration * Internet Marketing
>  tel (630) 759-9283 * e-Commerce
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED] * http://www.jikometrix.net
>
>  JIKOmetrix - Reliable web hosting
>
>  On Aug 4, 2006, at 9:45 AM, Bob wrote:
>
>  > Another thing I've had is 500 or more "X"s with no spaces. The idea
>  > is to make your page wider (if they put enough in) to spoil your
>  > page layout.

Community email addresses:
  Post message: php-list@yahoogroups.com
  Subscribe:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]