----- Original Message -----
From: Mike Brandonisio

Also some comments on what not may be obvious to others in creating a
secure script:

1. Only allow the form to send limited data from the form to the form
POSTed email address.
2. Better yet do not send an email to the form POSTed email address
at all.
3. scrub all POST data for special characters like \n, \r, \0, and
comma's. You might even use something like htmlspecialchars() to
convert things like <,>, ",', and so on.
4. Do not put the recipient email address as a hidden form input. Put
it in the script.
======================================

Something else I'd like to add for text inputs:
If you do allow certain tags in blogs, you need to filter out 'style'.

e.g. if you allow <strong></strong> or any other tags, some bright spark may
insert:
<strong style='color:red; font-size:72px'>#&%$ ?##</strong>

Another thing I've had is 500 or more "X"s with no spaces. The idea is to make
your page wider (if they put enough in) to spoil your page layout.

Bob E.

Community email addresses:
  Post message: php-list@yahoogroups.com
  Subscribe:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]