On Jun 15, 2015 10:38 PM, "Anatol Belski" <anatol....@belski.net> wrote:

> Hi Johannes,

and distribute
> > them via our mirror network.
> >
> Yep, this could work and were probably proper solution. Except we
wouldn't add some issue for the non Windows users :) I'm not sure, why is
it done so ATM, probably it has its historical reasons. But this would
probably cause us need to update the release process procedure? And, for
PHP7 or for any other as well? Currently that zipball is just generated
with the build process, so it'll need to be sent over somehow. Were anyway
doable,  wondering what the other RMs would say. Frankly, I'd leave it as
it is - as long as it's reachable and documented.

The reason is that we generate zip for binaries, and we just do the same
for the src, providing zip archives using the same naming convention.

We know many other tools relying on these zip, normalized URLs, so we must
keep them. It does not hurt anyone anyway.

As of fork, custom patches etc, there is no such thing.

Cheers,
Pierre