> OK, just before we do anything with this steams stuff, we need to define our
> further goals. As the Zend API docs and the extending PHP 3 section of the
> manual are "too developer specific", and there is more PHP developer
> documentation to come, we already discussed a split of the manual into
> two <book>s, a PHP Developers Manual and a PHP Users Manual.

I think a split is a good idea though I think a name change could be confusing (don't
know if that's what you're suggesting?). A lot of web developers probably considers
themselves PHP developers and will go to "PHP Developers manual" even though they're
looking for information which is in the other manual. (Just like the php-dev list
receives e-mails from users asking about development _in_ php.)

> This would obviously have a great effect on the build system. The question
> is
> if we need translations of the PHP Developers Manual (I don't think so), as
> was also have no translation system for the phpdoc howto, and I think this
> is the right way. PHP Developers should know English, as all the
> documentation, code comments, etc. should be in English...

I agree, there's really no use for a translation of that part.

Just my $0.02 :-)

Regards,

Jome