Hi Simion,

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Simion Onea <simio...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For example let's say that I (as a translator) took a vacation for two
> weeks. During this time a file has been updated and committed four
> times. When I return the system indicates that the file has changed. But
> it is not enough for me to know. I must know precisely what changes
> occurred in the English file between the current revision and four
> revisions back so I can update the translated file accordingly.
> Otherwise I must review the entire file, which is not practical to say
> the least :-)

If this is the case, does "svn diff" help you?
Let's say just before your vacation, the en-file is in revision 101.
After you back to online, the en-file revision is in 105.

You may issue "svn diff -r 101:105 en-file "and you get the "size" of
differences.

> The difference between revision numbers gives a false impression about
> how far out of sync a file is. A more important indicator would be the
> size of the "diff".

kschan

--
i, have a dream. i want to make my dream come true. anyway, OLPC rocks!

http://mr.kschan.googlepages.com