----- Original Message -----
From: Sophie Gautier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Friday, April 28, 2006 6:54 pm
Subject: Re: [l10n process] PLEASE READ : OpenOffice.org Translation

> Hi Damien, all,
>
> Damien Donlon wrote:
> > Hi Everyone,
> > Last month Rafaella Braconi mentioned that we want to test a new
> process> for contributing translated content for OpenOffice.org. In
> this process
> > a CVS server provides up to date PO files which reflect the
> translation> content of the OpenOffice.org source code. This
> process is up and
> > running now for testing & we would greatly appreciate your input and
> > suggestions on how we can go about improving it. Until we have
> completed> testing and ensured that everything works ok, no
> translated content will
> > go into official OpenOffice.org builds.
>
> Thanks for the work you've all done.
> >
> > For the purpose of testing we are providing content in the following
> > languages :
> >
> > de cs fr it nl
>
> so I've tested the fr one ;)
> >
> > (Pavel. I have provided cs just so as you can compare with your own
> > statistics & content).
> >
> > These 2 documents will provide enough information to get you
> started :
> >
> > Introduction :
> > http://86.43.75.142/oo-translation/index.html
> > Overview of the Process :
> > http://86.43.75.142/oo-translation/translation-howto.html
> >
> > You can view translation statistics generated on the source code
> > yesterday here :
> > http://86.43.75.142/oo-translation/stats/HEAD/index.html
> >
> > The test deployment machine on which the CVS server resides is low
> > specification so please be patient if the cvs checkouts are a little
> > slow.
>
> It was ok to check out the sources

Not slow? I'd be surprised if it wasn't slow!

> > I hope this doesn't sound two much like homework but I have also
> > attached  a document with some suggested exercises which would
> help to
> > get quickly familiarised with the process as it works at present.
> Doing> them would allow you to give more detailed feedback &
> suggestions.
> I've done the first part of my homework with /desktop/app.po ;)

I saw that! Note now that the content (61 words) is flagged for review :
http://86.43.75.142/oo-translation/stats/HEAD/index.html

Someone else also translated 128 words of German. Who was that? Without the
username based CVS access to the server there is no way of telling :o)

> I'll try
> to go on this week end with the broken files.
> May be you should add log out from cvs to your how-to. When we will
> use
> a secured channel, will we use the same ssh key that we already
> have on
> OOo server ?
> I have msgfmt on my machine but have not been able to run the
> script to
> generate the compile-output.txt, but as I'm a still a bit under
> malaria,
> I'll give it another try this week end, it should be only me :)

Try it in bash shell i.e type bash before starting.
If using C then it wouldn't work.

Thanks a lot for the input Sophie!

Regards,
Damien