No I fully understand it would be unfair (if not illegal) to use someone
elses ideas without consent. I really have no plans on stealing another
person's hard work and design. I tend to look at things I like, then try to
make them myself. Call it a test of my thinking skills. My current design is
from another person's website but have run into a snag of film transport.
 Today I pretty much considered on giving up the whole project and just stay
with the camera I have. I figure if I am using a 4x5 camera and I make a
mask to give me two images of 2 x 5 on one sheet of film then I can enlarge
the negative to pretty much panoramic scale. The only thing I was thinking
about was the curved film plane. I am guessing lenses use their curvature to
correct for this and pinholes need the curved film plane to make the image
appear as seen.
    I tried to email Kurt from his site, hoping to purchase a camera, but
the email was returned as an invalid email address. I even emailed the
company that makes the panopin camera but no response and I really do not
want to order something from a company that I do not know is still in
business.
    Other plans I had were to purchase an old view camera and convert it to
a really expensive pinhole camera. Or make up a fixed focal length large
format camera using a 65 mm lens. Regardless, of my ramblings and
tinkerings, I guess I should just take pictures more than design cameras.
Then again I should use Mr. Au's camera more often as well. Its really a
nicely made device, though I think its focal length is a bit too wide to my
style of photography. Anyhow thanks for the reply. And if you can get in
contact with Kurt let him know he might very well have a customer. Enjoy the
rest of your day. CJ