--- erick...@hickorytech.net wrote:
> You're biting off a very big chunk. Taking on a new method, thirty day time
> limit and very large prints. I've tried most of them, and I think that the
> easiest and most foolproof is cyanotype. you will need large format contact
> negs for any of these anyway. Cyanotype exposure can be maddening in northen
> climes in winter.

I've found that if one is to be serious about this process, the only
alternative is to build an exposure unit.  With most of the processes, there is
a considerable difference between the look after the image is developed and
after it finally dries.  Even if a hairdryer is used to hasten the process, byt
the time you realize that you need a slight amount of additional exposure to
get things the way you wish, the sun will be in a slightly different position,
which affects the exposure.  If there are any clouds in the sky, then it's
really impossible.

I built my own unit for somewhere around $200-300, and it works very nicely
with my darkroom timer, allowing me the consistency to redo things when they're
just not right.

Cheers -

george

=====