I, too, have at least as much experience with
printmaking as with photography. Numbering or not is
entirely a personal choice, it seems to me. What does
seem important is that you do it, if you choose to, in
a way that is consistent and one that simply and
honestly tells the consumer (and reminds you!) about
the size of the edition, rather than in a way that
hides information about it. Print numbering has been
grossly abused by some to make fine art editions
essentially into printed matter--in the sense that the
post office uses the phrase. There's nothing wrong
with making lots of prints (photographic or whatever)
and making unlimited numbers, if that is the choice,
but it should be clear to any potential buyer now and
at any time in the future that that is what you have
done and that is what is being offered.

Just an opinion.

Colin