I agree with Michel. All the advertising for conventional photographic
materials makes one think sharpness is the goal.  I suppose it can be a
legitimate goal for some purposes but not necessarily for expressive
photography.  I've spent a lot of time experimenting with ways to make
modern materials less sharp. And I have been delighted with the quality
of 35mm pinhole photographs for years--either with homemade cameras,
bodycaps or one of Dominique Stroobant's lens-less leica lenses. A
couple of those images are at the address below. Both enlarge to make
fine 8x10 prints. "Take pictures and enjoy."

Howard Wells
http://home.earthlink.net/~sandwell/work.html