Hello:

Excuse me if I already asked this - if I did, I forgot the replies already
(but I don't think I did).

Oh, firstly, apologies for the html forwarding garbage characters...I don't
think AOL software lets one too picky about how they do things.

I am a little confused, perhaps only by my expectations. I have picked up on
the concept that pinhole gives phenomenal (am I overenthusiastic?)
depth-of-field due to the typically large f-stops attained by usual camera
designs.

BUT, people are telling me I will probably be disappointed by anything
larger than 5 x 7 or so from my 35 mm pinhole negatives because they say
pinhole images are "not very sharp".

Is this just anecdotal advice from people who simply poked a hole without
consideration of all the things that play a role....(that wasn't supposed to
rhyme, it was an accident)? (Optimal hole diameter/focal length, thickness
and roundness of pinhole material and resultant hole, etc.)

We have a few of those color xerography transfers from a local
photographer...I'm sure technique, patience and materials play a role...she
hasn't been happy with all color copy machine or their operators
(copy-jockies?)...some are interesting, some
are 'lame'.

She won't tell us what solvents she uses.

Maybe I could try that with my first pinhole roll which is color...what
chance do I have of lucking out and getting accurate color as a pinhole
beginner anyway, so why not experiment?

Murray (local ISP and 'normal' e-mail address still suffering technical
difficulties - I feel sorry for them - down a week, so you know they're
catching grief!)

Murray

Thanks

Murray