----- Original Message -----
From: "Gordon J. Holtslander" <hol...@duke.usask.ca>

> You are more or less correct, as you enlarge your image from a pinhole
> negative on 35 mm film you will be making the limited resolution of the
> image more apparent.
>
> If you want a really sharp 8x10 pinhole images the best way to produce
> this is with a pinhole camera that takes 8x10 inch negatives.  This can be
> done without a full-fledged darkroom

That is right, for "sharpness" an 8x10 contact print is best.

Long time ago, I was told: "35mm pinholes images fall apart when enlarged".
See how this one falls apart:

Warning: 150Kbytes
http://members.home.com/penate/originales/big.jpg

The above image is the raw scanning (no digital manipulation whatsoever) of
an 8x10 print obtained by enlarging a full 35mm format frame, If you use
your monitor with a 1024x768 resolution, the above image would show up us a
9X (or so) enlargement of the original 35mm negative.  I'd let you decide if
it is possible to have relatively sharp images larger than 5x7 from your
35mm format pinhole camera.  BTW, the camera was a 35mm disposable camera
with a pinhole 14mm from the film, here is a picture of it:
http://members.home.com/penate/cameras/14f.jpg

Having said all that, unsharp pinhole images like this one, by Tom Lindsay:
http://www.???????/pinholer/exhibits/TL.html  have nothing to
envy from "sharp"ones.

Guillermo