Hi Rein,
Not sure if this will help, but have you tried reducing the friction
coefficients of the wheels <mu1> and <mu2> to something less than 1?
also, make sure that in the version of gazebo you are running,
contact.surface mode has "dContactApprox1" in it.

        contact.surface.mode = dContactSoftERP | dContactSoftCFM |
dContactApprox1 | dContactMu2;

John

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 5:51 AM, Rein Appeldoorn <rein...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Code: http://www.student.tue.nl/W/r.p.w.appeldoorn/simulation.txt
> <http://www.student.tue.nl/W/r.p.w.appeldoorn/simulation.world>
>
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 2:43 PM, Rein Appeldoorn <rein...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We are working on a simulation model of an autonomous football table. We
> > already build our model but we're struggling with the realism. We solved
> > lot of problems but to this one, we can't find an answer to. Here is a
> movie
> > of the weird/unrealistic behavior:
> >
> > Movie:
> http://www.student.tue.nl/W/r.p.w.appeldoorn/gazebo_tablesoccer.avi
> >
> > Has someone perhaps experienced similar problems or perhaps does someone
> > want to take a look at our code because we're probably making trivial
> > mistakes.
> >
> > Code: http://www.student.tue.nl/W/r.p.w.appeldoorn/simulation.world
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Rein