No, that's the weird fact, it doesn't change at all when I'm varying
different parameters like mass, friction etc.

What do you mean with "off the trunk"?

I attached the piece of code for moving the rods:
http://80.56.19.206/files/movingrodscode.txt

More and more, I start to think that my Gazebo isn't set-up properly. First
on 0.10, I got strange behavior when using the act-array interface. I
couldn't event rotate a single hinge. Now, on 0.9, other thinks occur which
aren't really explainable.

Is there a way to check if your Gazebo is set up properly?

Thanks again for helping me!

Rein