On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Drew Northup wrote:
> The _wonderful_ US of A has some messy laws when it comes to software.
> Don't worry too much about the details of how I'll pull this off--that's
> my problem ;-).  For now I'm the only one doing _any_ cvs committing
> anyway.  That clears up some problems there.  And yes, I do know who to
> talk to about setting up a new non-US hosted site--so that is already
> being worked on.

Especially for a project which is done in one's spare time, I strongly
recommend giving cvs write access to a number of interested and competent
people.  Then progress can continue even when the primary developer(s) are
unable to find the time.

It's got to be a balance between two extremes
  (a) one person controls the cvs and publishes a readonly copy, and
  (b) so many people are contributing without adequate communication that
     code quality goes down.

IMHO, plex86 has tended toward one extreme, and that's why the project
came to such an abrupt stop when Kevin was not able to continue on it.

Regards,
Bryce