Hello all,

First of all, sorry for the previous empty e-mail!

You will find attached a patch for the Qt driver. The main feature is a better
implementation of flushing, resulting in x17c running about as fast as the
other drivers (11 to 13 seconds on my system depending on anti-aliasing, where
xwin runs in 11 seconds, wxwidgets in 13 and xcairo in 25).

I have removed driver support for PLESC_CLEAR, as it was ill-implemented. It
cleared all the screen and the plot buffer whereas it should only clear the
sub-page. In this case, from the driver point of view, it would have required
me to do the same as the built-in fallback in PLplot, so I prefer to rely on
the fallback. I've improved the qt_example to show how to deep-copy the
command-line arguments passed to the software so that Qt does not filter out
the "bg" commands.

I've only tested all this on Linux. I remember having issues with the way Macs
handled events to refresh display (and it seems that they haven't been totally
fixed). As this update changes refresh, I wouldn't be surprised if problems
occurred. So, just tell me and I'll see what I can do.

Alban