On 2009-08-26 17:11+0100 Rochel, Alban wrote:

> The error message (or rather warning) is due to the QApplication trying to
process the "-bg" argument, which is among the accepted arguments for a
QApplication (try "qt_example -bg red" for instance). There is obviously a
conflict, but nothing that would stop the software to work, so it is a
choice for the developer to filter out or not the "-bg" arguments or make
them available to either QApplication or the widget. Maybe we should add a
comment there?

I have fixed this issue in revision 10347.  I set argc (but not Argc) to 1
so that QApplication sees only an empty command line (other than the
command, itself).

I prefer the simplicity of this approach for our qt_example, and I assume
most Qt/PLplot GUI application developers will stick with that model where
the command-line options are completely ignored by Qt and only interpreted
by PLplot.  However, I put additional commentary in so that if application
developers want to allow both Qt options and PLplot options (say by
splitting the two kinds of options by a special "--" option like startx does
for its two kinds of options), and putting one kind into argc for
QApplication and the other kind into Argc for PLplot, it should be
straightforward for them to do so.

We are now down to zero qt issues on Linux that I am aware of.  :-)