On 2010-05-05 16:29-0700 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

> It is interesting that I didn't see that x01cc segfault in my early tests
> that originally showed the Tcl and Python issues.  Or in my tests after I
> fixed the Tcl and Python issues.  I therefore think this is one of those
> cases where x01cc segfaults on your platform but not on mine.

Hmm.  I posted too soon.  The segfault was there in my test output, but I
didn't notice it because x01cc did not have proper error handling in
test_cxx.sh(.in) so no make error was generated.

I have now fixed that, proved the fix gave the proper make error when a
segfault occurred for x01cc prior to your fix, and also confirmed that there
is no segfault or associated make error from x01cc after updating to your
recent changes.

The multiple platform test moral is still correct, however; there are
certain segfaults that show up on some platforms and not others.