On 2010-09-29 11:26-0400 Hezekiah M. Carty wrote:

> I'll try to get pllegend wrapped for OCaml before the 5.9.7
> release, and I will wait on any plarc alterations until after the
> release.

Of course, there is some urgency to the OCaml pllegend wrapper as well
as the Octave pllegend wrapper (which I hope Andrew will implement)
just in case comparisons between pllegend and the current legend
functionality in OCaml and/or Octave indicate the pllegend API should
be changed before the release.  However, since these comparisons can
be done by you (and hopefully Andrew) locally I suggest you wait to
commit these wrappers until after the release.

The reason I bring this up is I am doing some comprehensive testing
today (and will urge others to use that same script on as many
platforms as possible once I am satisfied with it) in preparation for
the release, but the value of such comprehensive testing is reduced if
untested changes are subsequently committed to svn trunk before the
release. Thus, I suggest it would be a good idea to reserve svn
commits for bug fixes and _validated_ documentation changes this close
to release.  Note, this is a reminder and not a demand because we have
done very well previously with a rather informal release procedure
where our developers have exercised extremely good judgement about
what kind of trunk commits they make in the last several days before
any of our releases.