I've been making plplot libraries with MING-MSYS, 32-bit compile on a
64-bit Win7, and testing the resulting examples directory, the "C" and
"F95"  examples run well but the C++ examples don't,  unifornly giving me
the refusal box,
 "the procedure entry point __gxx_personality_sj0 could not be located in
the dynamic link library libstdc++-6.dll" which I gather from the lore I've
read, means the thread methods don't match.  But
this is linking plplot just built with the same flags as the C++ used in
the examples: namely, just mtune=pentium3.

 Is there some flag that could be used to build plplot that will make it
more compatible with C++ main programs?
 Can threading be turned off completely in plplot?