On 2015-03-18 13:31+0100 laurent Berger wrote:

> I have done a git pull to update my repository and use cmake to update
> sharelibs and staticlib project and now
> everything is OK : no test_plbuf error!
>
> Some errors are still here but it's not relative to plplot. May be some unix
> command are missing on my computer. I have tried some examples and it works.

That is wonderful news, indeed.  Made my day!

> Example (of something that doesn't work):
> 5>  Building Custom Rule
> F:/Lib/test/plplot-plplot/www/announce/CMakeLists.txt
> 5>  CMake does not need to re-run because
> F:\Lib\test\plplot-plplot\buildstatic\www\announce\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp
> is up-to-date.
> 5>  Generating announce-plplot-5.3.0.html
> 5>  'xmlto' is unknown s internal command
> 5>  extern, executable file or command file.
> 5>C:\Program Files
> (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(172,5):
> error MSB6006: ArrĂȘt de "cmd.exe" avec le code 9009.

This sounds like you are trying to build the DocBook-based
documentation (using -DBUILD_DOC=ON).  But you are right, that does
require a whole bunch of Unix tools so on Windows it is only possible
with Cygwin (or possibly MinGW-w64/MSYS2 which is a recent spinoff
from Cygwin).  So for your situation it is best to just stick to the
default in this case which is -DBUILD_DOC=OFF.  Also, PLplot has a
really nice test framework (where, for example, you test all
non-interactive devices for all our standard examples using the "make
test_noninteractive" command.  You can turn at least part of that
framework on with the -DBUILD_TEST=ON option.  But for such targets as
test_noninteractive to be available with -DBUILD_TEST=ON you really
must have bash.exe and a few other Unix tools on your PATH.  So
theoretically, you could do that by putting Cygwin executables on your
PATH, but still building PLplot with native MSVC Windows compilers.
But nobody has tried that yet with PLplot.

Anyhow, my big thanks for reporting this unresolved reference issue with
MSVC _before_ the release so we will not be embarrassed after the
release by this issue!

Best wishes, and enjoy your brand new working PLplot!