I have just (commit dadae4a) updated the 5.11.0 release notes
(contained in the README.release file) based on skimming the commit
messages for the ~500 commits we have done since the release of 5.10.0.

Could everyone who made commits in this release cycle review these
updated notes and commit additional changes to them if required?

@Phil:

That request is especially addressed to you since I had a lot of
trouble trying to write up your work on new wxwidgets. I based that
write up on what was said on the mailing list, but I very likely
missed or misstated some point concerning new wxwidgets so your
further help with that part of the writeup would be appreciated.