On 2015-04-05 14:13-0000 Arjen Markus wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>

> I had some time today, so I decided to put some effort into the comprehensive
> test for MinGW/MSYS. Please see the attached tarball. Things are looking
> good, even though this case requires a wee bit of massaging.

Hi Arjen:

Thanks very much for that help with comprehensive testing on the
MinGW/MSYS platform.  And the extra result you included with the
tarball which was the script actually used to set up the environment
variables for the test was very helpful as well. Post-release we
should try and figure out why you need to do that massaging, and use
--do_test_interactive no while I do not. That is a narrow (since many
soft dependencies of PLplot are missing) but still extremely useful
comprehensive test result for MinGW/MSYS which I will post to the
wiki.

Just out of curiosity, roughly how much time did this comprehensive test take
to complete?  I bet it was substantially less than the ~3 days a similar
test takes on Wine!

Note I still intend to do that long Wine test before the release.  The
previous time I did that test was early in this release cycle roughly
a year ago.  At that point, both --do_test_traditional_install_tree
yes --do_test_interactive yes worked for me (the former because
pkg-config was available to me via epa_build), and epa_build provided
some important PLplot soft dependencies (i.e, dependencies which are
not absolutely critical but which enhance the power of PLplot) such as
swig, pkg-config, qhull, Tcl, and shapelib. Also, I was able to get
the python binding and examples to work using a downloaded binary
python for Windows.  So I ended up doing a comprehensive test of
PLplot on MinGW/MSYS using a substantial number of PLplot components,
and I feel it is important to repeat that test to make sure no
regressions in those good results for those components have been
introduced in this release cycle.