Hi Alan,

Alan, are you sure it's Cygwin and not MSYS/MinGW where Greg's problems occur?
I have seen some strange effects myself for that platform, unfortunately. I
have to set:

set PLPLOT_DRV_DIR=.../drivers

that is set that environment variable to the directory that holds the *.drvinfo
files, besides prepending the PATH variable with the directory containing the
DLLs, even though things are running in the build tree. I think that is the
same problem as Greg is experiencing with his MSYS/MinGW set-up.

Regards,

Arjen

DISCLAIMER: This message is intended exclusively for the addressee(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message.
Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
The foundation 'Stichting Deltares', which has its seat at Delft, The
Netherlands, Commercial Registration Number 41146461, is not liable in any way
whatsoever for consequences and/or damages resulting from the improper,
incomplete and untimely dispatch, receipt and/or content of this e-mail.