On 2016-12-16 19:00-0800 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

> For your new installation of MinGW-w64/MSYS2 there is still a lot of
> package installation incompleteness, see footnotes j1, C1, D1, D2, F1,
> G2, H2, I1, and J1.  But it is a good start that is suitable for this
> release, and I will remark more to you off list concerning how to
> rectify that package incompleteness issue for the next time
> (presumably post-release) when you repeat this comprehensive test.
> (And for this test, if I got any of those footnotes wrong, please let me
> know, and
> I will change them.)
>
> I believe you mentioned previously that you planned to test the
> combination of MSVC + ifort for this release?  If you have done that I
> would appreciate you letting me know the results for our release notes
> (concerning the part of those release notes detailing what new Fortran
> binding tests were done.  Also, please let me know the version of MSVC
> and ifort you used so I can record that in the release notes.
>
> By the way, you might find as a result of those tests that you have to
> upgrade bindings/f95/plplotf95_ifort.def since that was last updated
> in February 2016 (!) and there have been some Fortran changes since.
>
> Also, I have a feeling you have a Windows batch file you run to
> automate your run-time testing of MSVC + ifort. Would you be willing
> to distribute that file with PLplot [in the scripts subdirectory?] for
> the benefit of other testers of the MSVC + ifort combination?

Hi Arjen:

Further to the above, I have now, at long last, updated the summary of
our comprehensive testing of the new Fortran binding at
<https://sourceforge.net/p/plplot/wiki/Testing_PLplot/#Fortran%20Testing%20Reports>.
The 5 new reports there are based on the Fortran subset of 4 recent
comprehensive test reports (Cygwin and MinGW-w64/MSYS2 from you, and
Debian Jessie with CMake-3.0.2 and CMake-3.7.0 from me) as well as a
special Ubuntu NAGFOR comprehensive test you did in July which showed
no warning or error messages at all from that high-quality,
standards-checking, Fortran compiler.  From the e-mail you wrote
back then, I have identified that platform as Ubuntu (I believe it
was on some virtual box you had available to you at work) with
NAGFOR compiler.  Can you retrieve any more details at this late
date about which version (i.e., codename) of Ubuntu, and which
numerical version of NAGFOR?  If so, please update that table item
in the wiki or send me that data so I can do that myself.

Also, the way I now have the general table of results set up at
<https://sourceforge.net/p/plplot/wiki/Testing_PLplot/#Testing%20Reports>
and the Fortran-specific table of results set up at
<https://sourceforge.net/p/plplot/wiki/Testing_PLplot/#Fortran%20Testing%20Reports>,
it should be straightforward to include your MSVC + ifort test results
in both with the addition of some footnotes.  So once you collect test
results for MSVC + ifort as above, please let me know which version of
MSVC and which version of ifort you used so I can put that information
in these summary tables. It would also be good to know which of our
standard examples were run for which languages by your hypothesized
batch file.  Also, if that hypothesized batch file actually exists
then please identify for the above tables which of our three different
build trees (core build tree, installed examples build tree, and
installed examples traditional build tree) it tests for each of our
three principal configurations (shared library + dynamic devices,
shared library + nondynamic devices, and static library + nondynamic
devices).  Also, if it is just one of those possibilities (e.g., some
examples were run in the build tree for default shared libraries +
dynamic devices), it is still well worth posting those limited testing
results in the above two tables.