On 2018-12-26 13:00-0800 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

[...]
Here are two alternative suggestions:

"Fix background transparency in the raster qt Drivers"

or

"Fix transparency in the raster qt Drivers"

Let me know which of these you prefer.

P.S.

That should have been "raster qt devices" rather than raster qt Drivers"

This change is consistent with our normal terminology where we refer to
the code in, e.g., drivers/qt.cpp that implements the qt device driver, but
we refer to the individual devices that are implemented by that code as the
pngqt device, etc.

Note your two separate commits are completely independent of each
other so I suggest you reply first to my questions concerning

0001-correction-in-QtRasterDevice-QtRasterDevice-to-fix-a.patch

and wait until that commit is pushed by me before answering my further
questions  concerning

0002-correction-in-initQtApp-to-allow-qt-drivers-to-be-ca.patch

Finally, I really appreciate your successful effort to learn
enough about git so you can send us your git commits in
the convenient "git format-patch" form.