On 2018-12-23 10:14-0000 António Rodrigues Tomé wrote:

Just an update.
qt drivers do not behave well with alfa values.
[...]
I'll try to upload this changes using git as I cannot find any other
problem with qt drivers at least for the use I make of them.
(well memqt does not work quite well but neither did memcairo)

Make sure you split your changes into separate commits with appropriate
commit message.

Will the transparency change you refer to above give us a nice semi-transparent
background (e.g.,
with the -bg 000_0.1 command-line option to give a black background with
alpha=0.1) with
all qt devices?

I see lots of cool semi-transparent desktop effects on my KDE desktop,
where you can view one desktop through another.  I would also like to
see similar effects possible with PLplot where you, for example, can
view the command-line that produced a plot through the plot, if you use
a semi-transparent background.

Have a nice Christmas

You too.