Cable modems pull the signal from a coax line and turn it into an ethernet
signal that comes out of a single RJ-45 plug.

I dunno squat about what goes on inside of those boxes, but routers typically
have a WAN port and a bunch of “internal” ports that are all RJ-45 plugs.

If you can get Cox to send traffic for a group of IPs to your modem, then they
should all come out the ethernet side as well, right?

Remember that their modem is NOT a “router”. You can plug a router into it,
tho.

-David Schwartz