you could use a switch between cox and then use any combination of rasp
pi's and routers set to static IP's and maintain several firewalls
Intrusion protection geo blocking ect on each but a single device is easier
to maintain
Linux=1000 ways to do the same thing all right and wrong depending on who
you talk to.

On Sun, Jul 9, 2023 at 11:34 PM David Schwartz via PLUG-discuss <
plug-discuss@lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:

> Cable modems pull the signal from a coax line and turn it into an ethernet
> signal that comes out of a single RJ-45 plug.
>
> I dunno squat about what goes on inside of those boxes, but routers
> typically have a WAN port and a bunch of “internal” ports that are all
> RJ-45 plugs.
>
> If you can get Cox to send traffic for a group of IPs to your modem, then
> they should all come out the ethernet side as well, right?
>
> Remember that their modem is NOT a “router”. You can plug a router into
> it, tho.
>
> -David Schwartz
>

> On Jul 9, 2023, at 10:34 PM, Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss <
> plug-discuss@lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:
>
> On using openwrt on legacy routers, start here, find anything that is
> *well* supported and hunt on ebay, or go to a thrift shop and search this
> list if you find a decent looking box.  At one point years ago I'd scooped
> up several decent goodwill routers for some $5-7ea and flashed to openwrt
> to give to family and friends when they complained about their crappy
> router and wifi not working.  Probably still have one or two floating
> around...
>
> https://openwrt.org/toh/start
>
> -mb

Todd Cole