On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 16:32, Eric Cope <eric.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> you haven't immigrated here lately, have you?
> I am not talking about naturalization (which is not a simple checklist like
> you make it out to be). I am talking about merely coming to work (which is
> also not a simple checklist like you make it out to be).
>
> Eric
>

> Sorry Eric; we're in a pretty serious recession; Americans want those jobs
too.
You're right it isn't a simple check list.  Even when emigration was easier
people still had to go through an approval process.

For workers that are in demand there are visa programs that allow workers to
come here legally.
It's all on that same site.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=838e2f8b69583210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=838e2f8b69583210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

No alien may accept employment in the United States unless they have been
authorized to do so. Some aliens, such as those who have been admitted as
permanent residents, granted asylum or refugee status, or admitted in
work-related nonimmigrant classifications, may have employment authorization
as a direct result of their immigration status. *Other aliens may need to
apply individually for employment authorization.*