From: R P Herrold <herr...@owlriver.com>
Subject: Re: ditching Apple products due to boycotts?
To: "Main PLUG discussion list" <plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Date: Monday, May 17, 2010, 4:23 PM

On Mon, 17 May 2010, keith smith wrote:

> I think if taxes were reduced by 25% or even 50% we would see deflation.  We
> need to deflate.

If one reduces taxes (I assume here, you mean the net effective Federla ones),
the federal deficit goes up faster, and the feds need to borrow more to fund
its payment obligations.  This sucks funds away from the private sector, who
then need to 'outbid' the feds for business borrowing.

Bidding up rates to but (here, rent the use of money) the use right of same
asset sounds like price increases with no change in the underlying.

That is asset price inflation

I dont ses the causal link you are suggesting exists to cause a deflation.

-- Russ herrold