On 11/04/2014 07:43 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
>    The Slackware devs released an upgrade for Firefox from 28.n to 31.n.
> There are two display changes in the new version that I would like to have
> work as they did in earlier versions but I cannot find a way to do this
> within Firefox, and Web searches do not find anything relevant (or current).
>
>    1. In earlier versions when the View -> Sidebar menu was set to History
> (with a check mark on the left side), it stayed that way when the sidebar
> window was closed. Now when the window's closed Ctrl-h no longer opens it;
> it requires accessing the menu and re-enabling that option. I would like to
> re-enable the use of Ctrl-h to open the sidebar. Might that be on
> about:config somewhere?
>
>    2. Earlier versions had the address bar above the set of opened tabs. Now
> the tabs are above the address bar. Years of use with the tabs immediately
> above the display window makes the change distracting. Might this, too,
> be somewhere on the about:config page?
>
> Rich

For Slackware's Firefox-31.2.0ESR:

1. Got to about:config and look for "browser.download.panel.shown" and
set to "true" to see the d/l arrow.

2. Classic Theme restorer works wonders!  Install it then #3 below will
work.

3. To set the buttons to text only (or icons + text, click on the new
"triple horizontal line" icon in the upper right corner, click on "+
Customize" button, then in lower left you will see options to change
button text.  required: #2 above

Have fun !
Ed