> On Jun 18, 2018, at 1:38 PM, Michael Rasmussen <mich...@michaelsnet.us> wrote:
>
> To stress "As others have suggested, you may be able to use a VM" - at my
> final job before retirement (Large bank, Fortune 500, etc) everything
> possible was migrated to in-house VMs.
> I want to say mail services were an early migration. In any case, the entire
> mail infrastructure was run on virtual servers.
>
> There's no need for a physical server.

This is your opinion. We're not trying to determine if a VM is capable of
running *a* mail server. We're trying to determine what the requirements of
*his* mail server are, because that drives whether a physical server is
required.

There may be a security requirement such as "no AES key leakage to other
tenants". In this case, he may not be able to use a VM. There are people in the
crypto community who believe that any system that needs secure crypto should
not be virtualized.

Again, I'm trying to gather what the requirements are before stating what the
solution is.

--
Louis Kowolowski                                lou...@cryptomonkeys.org
Cryptomonkeys:                                   http://www.cryptomonkeys.com/

Making life more interesting for people since 1977