I have a batch of Chinese security cameras, one day I was
sniffing my LAN and saw these packets that should not have
been there, started tracing them down and they were coming
from the cameras, they were trying to connect to 4 chinese
web sites and AWS.  The now are on an island network which
routes to nowhere and the only other thing on there is the port
that sends all of the camera data to ZoneMinder. Crazy cameras
were trying to call home constantly. I cleaned some of it up by
giving them all static IP's and getting rid of any DNS info. Some
of them still try  but a lot less.

That was before I started seeing comments on line about the
cameras doing the "call  home" thing.