From: PLUG <plug-boun...@pdxlinux.org> On Behalf Of Denis Heidtmann
Sent: Monday, March 6, 2023 4:19 PM
To: General Linux/UNIX discussion and help, civil and on-topic
Subject: [PLUG] Verizon towers for internet

I received a door-to-door sales pitch from Verizon. They claim they have
wireless towers to service about a 20 mile radius  per tower. Subscribers would
have a receiver which is basically a router, wireless out.  The claim is 300Mb
(MB?) down and up speeds. $50/mo. No other fees. 30 day free trial.  I signed
up, but I wonder how reliable it will be.  Any information any of you have or
come across will be welcome. I have ~28 days to send it back, no fee. I have
yet to study the contract details.

Thanks,
-Denis