On Mon, Mar 6, 2023 at 4:23 PM Ted Mittelstaedt <t...@portlandia-it.com>
wrote:

> It works but of course it's very easy to go over 300Mbt and then they
> charge overage fees which can be quite high

the 300mb refers to a service speed, not a transfer limit. there may well
be a transfer limit, but it will be at least somewhat reasonable.

> I always ask people doing this why don' t you just get an unlimited data
> cell plan and tether to your phone.

this can work, but even for fairly tech savvy people, this often results in
a fairly low reliability connection. phones will take any opportunity to
drop connections and don't re-establish automatically. additionally, this
is usually more expensive than a data-only plan.

-wes