On Jan 18, 2008 4:18 PM, Michael L Torrie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What are my chances?  Should I just abandon the idea of a Linux laptop
> and buy a MacBook?

You probably don't need to read this, because you hear it fairly often
at work, but I'd go with the MacBook.  Now that Leopard has given us a
decent terminal, my Mac for all intents and purposes acts like my
Linux box, but with lots of added benefits.  And after watching me
torture test some of the newer Macs we've gotten in the office, I
don't think that speed is going to be an issue.

I've thought several times about installing Linux on my MacBook, and
I've even gone so far as to gather and book mark resources, how-tos,
etc. that I might need, but it always comes down to the fact that
Linux doesn't have anything I need or want that Leopard doesn't have,
and Leopard has some things I use quite a bit that Linux doesn't.  And
on the odd chance that I need something Linux-only, I can fire up my
trusty Ubuntu virtual machine and there it is.

So unless it's a "religious" decision, I'd go with the MacBook.

--
Alex Esplin