From: plug-boun...@plug.org [mailto:plug-boun...@plug.org] On Behalf Of
Merrill Oveson
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2009 4:00 PM
To: Provo Linux Users Group
Subject: Re: idea to help each other out

Well stated.

To rephrase in economicese "An individual will only enter into an
exchange
if that individual will be better off as a result of the exchange
regardless
of the how much better off the other party will be."

My employer may bill me at $100 an hour.  Suppose I make $20 an hour.
Subtracting out his costs of doing business - minus my cost, he may make
$50
profit for every hour I work.
Now I have two choices.  I can either stop working for my employer, or
keep
working for my employer.
If I continue to work, (make the exchange of my time/effort for money),
then
I must feel that I better off earning the $20/hr - regardless of how
much
better off my employer may be.

I might not like it, think it's unfair, etc.  But, I'm still better off.

On a personal note:
What I'd really like to do is get really rich.  Then I could buy my
freedom
and do what I wanted.
Instead I'm a slave, only thing I get to choose is who I work for and
what
work I do.

Someone like, Paris Hilton did it right.  She managed to be born to very
wealthy parents.
In her case the biblical verse, "by the sweat of thy brow shalt thou
earn
thy daily bread" does not apply.