On Monday, June 10, 2013 05:41:24 PM Daniel C. wrote:

> Another way to phrase the same question: Is a right act right because
> God loves it?  Or is it loved by God because it is a right act?  Which
> comes first, God's love for it, or its rightness?
>
> -Dan

It is in fact a very interesting discussion. Is God the author of sin?
Did God create sin?

I personally believe he defined righteousness, and through defining
righteousness we were
made aware of the opposite. I don't believe God was the author of sin.
Unfortunately I don't
consider myself elloquent enough to debate it properly.

It is a fun debate though!

And to answer your question, God loved it because it is righteous. or Right.
But that does not
negate the possibility that he created right and wrong from the beginning. God
defined right
and wrong then loves the right. He also punishes the wrong.

What is wrong with that?

Nathan