On Monday, June 10, 2013 06:29:39 PM Daniel C. wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 6:17 PM, keith smith <klsmith2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> You think this despite the very clear commandment not to judge?

When taken out of context, we are commanded to not judge. I agree completely
with you here
Daniel. The problem is, this verse is almost *always* taken out of context. At
the least, no one
ever reads the rest of the verse or the one after it.

Matthew 7:1
Judge not, that ye be not judged. (2) For with what judgement ye judge, ye
shall be judged:
and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

The point is if you are critical of a person for something, other people will
be critical of you. It is
not at all suggesting we should under no circumstances judge things.

Let's say you meet your children at school every day and walk them home. Along
that route
you have an alley you typically cut through as it shortens your distance a
great deal. Then one
day you meet your kids at school and decide to stay to watch some baseball
games at the
school field. When the games are over you walk home. As you start walking down
that alley
that you walk down every day without incidence you notice a group of people
that do not look
very friendly. Do you continue and hope they are nice people? Or do you choose
to go the long
way home?

Did Christ condone judgement when he answered Simon Peter in Luke 7:43 when he
told
Simon "Thou has rightly judged" ? Did he contradict himself?

And Christ said in Luke 12:57 Yea, and why even of yourselves judge ye not what
is right?

In Acts 16 a woman named Lydia is baptised and afterwards she says to Paul "if
ye have
judged me faithful" and Paul did not condemn her for accusing him of being
judgemental.

And most importantly Christ said to: John 7:24 Judge not according to the
appearance, but
judge righteous judgement.

There is a difference between righteous judgement which Christains are allowed
and just being
nitpicky of another person because of bias or something.
It is a failure in the english language, but one that can be overcome through
study of context.

Nathan