On April 18, 2015, Michael Torrie wrote:

> [...]

> If you embark down this road, I strongly suggest you switch to LDAP

> which is meant for this sort of thing. FreeIPA is a complete solution

> that involves LDAP.

I'll look at it. I'm just leery about the time learning a whole new
database system. The SQL based DBMS systems make sense to me, so it's easy
to use them. I've never really been able to make heads or tails of LDAP. I
can follow tutorials okay, but only if they're literally step by step.

At the moment, I'm actually suspending the Samba setup because it occurred
to me that no one is using Samba anymore. So we'll see. The MySQL also has
other applications that I use it for, so it's handy that way, too. Thanks
for the tips, though.

--- Dan