For a number of years I've been a huge fan of Ubiquiti's networking
products.  I've always found the products to be top notch with a nice
web-based and also ssh-based UI.  So naturally today I turned to them to
see what it would take to build up a new network for a small business
venture.  We've been using cheap consumer hardware and it's just not
working for us, so it's time to install some proper hardware including a
router/firewall with a couple of vlans to separate a house off from the
shop, some POE switching to drive maybe a dozen wireless access points.
Unfortunately I'm really struggling to figure out what ubiquiti products
I should even look at. Their web site is awful. It's slick and
pretty-looking, but I can't seem to figure out how to find information
on any one product on their site.  I see families of products and
semi-helful comparison charts, but no actual product details.  Also a
lot of the ubiquiti products for sale on Amazon I can't even find on the
ubiquiti site. Maybe they are obsolete now?  Seems like Ubiquiti has a
lot of product churn.  Also much of what they do have on their site is
out of stock (apparently this has been a common complaint for years).
Almost seems like Ubiquiti is becoming more like Cisco where I would
need to have a sales rep come out and determine what I need and build me
a list of components and give me a quote!

If any of you are more up to date on Ubiquiti's offerings than I am,
what do you recommend for a small router/firewall capable of a couple of
vlans, dhcp, maybe vpn, a switch with 32 gigabit ports or more with vlan
support, and 6-12 access points? For managing access points do I need a
Cloudkey2 box (out of stock of course)?  Are there better options than
Ubiquiti at the pro-sumer price point?

So far it looks like maybe the Security Enterprise Gateway router might
work, but I can't tell if it's even something Ubiquiti still makes and
sells. I'm not really interested in rack-mount hardware for the most
part. I'm working with wooden cupboards, and a fairly dirty environment.