Generally, yes they do seamless handoffs with clients.  Some older clients
have a hard time with it, but most stuff made in the past 5 years will be
just fine.

The recent updates added genuine meshing as well, so they can extend a
network without being connected via ethernet if you want them to.  I don't
know how well handoffs work with the mesh setup though, haven't tested it
because I'm a latency snob.

--
Todd Millecam