Interesting. I didn't know I could get On Demand through BBCiPlayer.
I've always used Extras for that.

Anyway, I just tried BBCiPlayer as follows: BBCiPlayer>BBC Radio
2>Saturday>08:05 Sounds Of The 60s, and that does play the show. So at
least I know I can use that successfully.

I was trying (the route I've always used) BBCiPlayerExtras>Radio 2 A-Z>S
programs>Sounds Of The 60s>Sounds of the 60s 19/11/16, and that still
gives "Playlist Empty".

My current settings are:

BBCiPlayer
Live: DASH/HLS/MP3/FlashAAC
On Demand: DASH/HLS/MP3/FlashAAC

BBCiPlayer Extras
Select if you do not want DASH streams: unchecked